I NEED HELP!!! (and i dont mean just psychiactricly)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by INF1AME5, Aug 10, 2003.

1. ok, im looking for 2 things, a new bass, and a bigger amp and i have a number of questions,

bass: should i move up to a 5? i havent been playing too aweful long but i want more low end
    which of the following should i get?: ibanez btb 4or5, a schecter scorpion or devil tribal (4), esp viper or f series 4 or 5.

amp: g.k. or ampeg or swr? im in a 2 guitar band so how many watts should i have? head/cab or preamp/poweramp??

thats all for now :bassist:
  2. Ibanez BTB's are great, go buy one.
  3. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Only you can decide if you want a 4 or a 5, I always thought I'd remain a 4string player forever, but I needed the lower B-D for church music, and now my 5 is my new main and I think I'm going to be buying 5s from now on (with a few exceptions of course)

amp: swr has a distinct sound, I haven't really played around with g.k. or ampeg enough to give any advice on it, personally my sound is in EBS, very very clear tone, no really fuzziness behind it (its absolutely the best out there for me, but might be too expensive for some). As for how many watts you need, depends on the watts of the guitar amps, but if you play in a semi loud venue, I'd recommend a 4x10 with about 300watts or so around it?
  4. ampeg stuff can get pretty pricy, so make sure u got the money to do so, and i'd go with the btb for a 5er, i've heard those are really nice and i love ibanez basses.