Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i need help finding VERY rare tab......

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by sn0wblind, Jun 28, 2000.

1. sn0wblind

sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    if anybody has the tab to TOWER OF STRENGTH bass solo by Jason Newsted of metallica, or knows where i can get it, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE e-mail me at:

Ridethelightning@watchmail.com, this solo kicks ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i gotta have it, im almost desperate!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

im asking help cuz i can transcribe it my self
    1. becuz its pretty fast and ive only been playing 6 months and havent tabbed anything yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pleeeeeeze i NEED this tab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you

2. qbert00001

qbert00001

May 31, 2000
    hey man...
    where is this from? cause there's no metallicasong called that. was it from his days w/ flotsam & jetsam?

3. sn0wblind

sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    i dont know , I got it off of napster and its from a cd called Towers of Strength, and i believe its a live cd, and there was a guitar solo by Kirk hammett on the same cd, but, some one my have screwed up, and it could be flotsom &jetsom becuz i think it kinda sounds like his oldr work?? i dont know but its pretty damn sweet, and really fast!!!!!!!!!

4. sn0wblind

sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    you know, the more i think about it.... i think it might be Flotsom & jetsom, if you want to listen to it, i can send you the winamp file via e-mail?????

5. msaygilar

msaygilar Guest

Apr 18, 2000
    Istanbul
    It's exactly Floatsam & Jetsam..
    It's really cool isn't it [​IMG]
    But that's a song of Metallica..

[This message has been edited by msaygilar (edited June 28, 2000).]

6. sn0wblind

sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    I just discovered last night, that the Tower of Strength album is an imported live album from Switerland or some place and the solo is called Solo Jasona, and i doubt very much that i could get the tab for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    arrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!! at least i can listen to it a lot and maybe in time i'll be able to figure it out for my self!!! ha ha ha

7. Something you may want to consider is downloading software that will slow the song down without changing the pitch. I downloaded software called 'transcribe'and it has helped me to isolate fast passages to the point where it becomes real easy to pick the notes out. The website is www.seventhstring.co.uk

I used it on Stevie Wonder's 'Sir Duke' and it took me only a few minutes to pick out the notes... It took a lot longer to perfect the parts but the process was a lot easier.

8. Newman

Newman

Jun 6, 2000
    where can i get the song? I searched napster and came out with nothing
    thx

9. sn0wblind

sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    Newman, add imwithst00pid to your hot list(thats me) and you can download it from me, i also live in canada so it wont be too hard to get on at the same time

10. Licketysplit

Licketysplit

Mar 15, 2000
    got it off of napster?, what would Jason have to say about that?...

Just Joking [​IMG]

I'm a pretty big Metallica fan, (Saw the Summer Sanitarium concert, w/o james) but I've never heard of that song/album, is it any good?

11. sn0wblind

sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    well ive only heard the bass and guitar solo, but its just a live album in europe and is preetty hard to find in North America , bur i'm assuming its good cuz it has Metallica's name on it.