I need help guys

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by pezoamo, Mar 1, 2005.

1. pezoamo

pezoamo Guest

Mar 1, 2005
    I usually just read what people have to say here and don't post, but i have a problem. I own a Fender Squire P-Bass and I got it about 7 months ago. Whenever i hit a note now, whether its slap, finger, or picking, it makes a scratchy sound. Is this the pickup screwing up? and if it is, is there anything i can do to fix it or do i have to buy a whole new one?

Thanks guys
  2. fremenblue

Jan 8, 2003
    Eugene, Or.
    Need more input. Is it clicky, like when a string is hitting the exposed pole piece on your pickup? Or static, like when something on the bass isn't grounding properly, ie. your input jack going bad or a pot?? Dunno. . . .too many moving parts. Tell us what you've checked so far.
  3. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Taking a wild guess based on the limited information, I'm going to guess either your cable or your output jack on your bass is failing you.
  4. pezoamo

pezoamo Guest

Mar 1, 2005
    Its a clicky sound. I took it all apart last night and ive decided its not the pickup that is the problem like one of you guys mentioned. It can't be the cable because ive tried three that i own. It has the be the wiring. It's probably something stupid like two wires are touching. I do a more in depth look tonight.

Thanks for responding so quickly guys.