Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need help identifying an old electronic toy.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Trevorus, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I need to find a toy that I could do some circuit bending with. The particular thing that I am looking for is those tiny little keyboards that had the note names on the keys, and they were avout 2 inches long, and about an inch wide. Does anyone remember those things?

Also, if anyone has one around, or any other electonic noisemakers around that you would want to part with, I could use some.

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Magnus Chord Organ?

These were 'big' in the '60s...they were brown with black/white buttons for the Left Hand, labeled with notes for Major/minor chords.
    A Song Book was included.

3. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Is this it?

Attached Files:

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    No, they were tiny little electronic single octave chromatic keyboards. They ran off of a little button cell battery. They were popular in the days of the tiny LCD games. Remember those? They were very simple, and was often a spaceship avoidong asteroids, or a ship defending itself against fighter planes. There wasn't any realy animation to them, they just moved in between different fixed places on the screen.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Anyone? They had the little white rubber buttons with the note names on them. I am sure a lot of you guys had these as kids.