i need help knowing supplys i need please

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Zanyman42788, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Zanyman42788

Zanyman42788 Guest

Apr 15, 2004
    i am currently ordering noiseless jazz bass pickups made by fender. these pickups have active eq. im planning on putting them on a fender mex. jazz V. does the pickup just install by it self or do i need to by a preamp or something like that. im really clueless when it comes to actives and passives or whatever. so if theres anything you feel i need to buy (pots, preamp, knobs, battery holster, etc.) then feel free to reply, i need to know as much as i can about this.
    thank you
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    If those pups come with nothing but the pups you may be able to get by with nothing but a battery clip ($3 from radio shack for a 3 pack). If the pups are active they'll have a built in preamp. I had a couple sets of Duncan active EQ Js and I dropped them straight into a stock Ibanez GSR 200 only adding a battery clip and they worked great. And the pots were stock 500 k audio pots, not 25k. I'd try it that way first and if there seems to be any wierd frequency stuff going on, maybe change the volume pot out but I doubt you'll need to.