Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i need help on buying new strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by I HATE YOU!!!!!, Jul 24, 2001.

1. I HATE YOU!!!!!

I HATE YOU!!!!!

Jul 23, 2001
    yesterday i just got totally pissed at how my strings sounded and just rippied all those ****s off now i need some advice on buying good strings please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i don't know if herm has anymore strings, but you may want to get strings off of him.

3. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Uhhhh....with a nickname like that, you expect a lot of people rushing to assist???? :rolleyes:

4. S'right - I got more strings. Nothing but 4 string sets, though.

I HATE YOU!!!!!, Watcha need - there sellin for super cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Herm, I'm very interested in your strings, can you please post a list of what's available? I know you probably get that alot.. Well, if it's too much trouble, don't worry about it. Do you have any Slowwounds or any other DiAddario strings? How about Lo-riders? Thanks:)

BTW.. I HATE YOU TOO! :D

6. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    ooh! ooh! I want some Dean Markley sr2000 medium light gauge, please!!

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga

what's "rippied"? does it hurt?

as for advice, get some strings that don't "rippy", whatever that means. it can't be good.

oh, and i would hate you too, i guess, but i can't really say that you're worth it. i think, if i had to pin it down, my sentiments would lie somewhere between amused pity for your parents, and mordant disdain for the sorry intellectual state of today's "rebelling" class.

8. what kinda strings you use? I think You might wanna try a different gauge, I like heavy GHS because it's just a great sound. Also try the Medium gauge Fender strings with the gold tips. thoses work real good in some metal situations and in most music. Since you ripped off your strings maybe you should get away from that gauge or don't get the same set if you don't like the sound...DR strings i hear are pretty good

9. Oh my, can't you feel the love! I don't hate anybody, but when you reply to somebody who calls themselves I HATE YOU!!!!!, well then - ya see!

I just bought a new computer, and I'll be saving some of the files from the old one tonight, so's I'll put it up then. Got loads and loads of guitar strings too, so if you know any guitar players (and want to admit to it), let me know.

10. PeninaD

PeninaD

May 26, 2001
    PA
    You took them ALL off at once?
    EEEEKKKKK