I need help on e-bay

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FatFunker, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Ok heres the deal, I sold an Item on e-bay, the buyer sent the money order, and the woman threw out the envelope with the return address. Where can I find the ship to address? I have looked all over in the Items I've sold area. I have e-mailed the seller but I get an auto return saying she is on vacation. I just don't want any negative feedback. You guys know How I can find the send to address?
  2. LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    If you remember their first and last name, and it's not something like John Smith, and you can remember the City/State, or at least the state, you may have some luck with an online directory service like Info Space under the white pages. Good luck!
  3. Thanks I just tried but her name might as well be jane doe because 25 names came up in her city. I just can't believe there is not a place on ebay to get this info:meh:
  4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Not that I know anything about eBay, but surely common sense would tell you that it's better to wait until the person has returned from vacation - what's the point of hurrying to ship something to somebody who's not there?!
  5. Because I told her that I would send it out when payment arrived (that was monday) and she said that would be perfect. So she must have arangements made for her mail to be picked up. I just want to avoid any negative feedback. Plus who know how long she will be back, could be a couple weeks and she may be expecting it when she returns.
  6. Bruce Lindfield

Well she won't get it before she returns!! ;)
  7. Or Maybe she uses her work e-mail for e-bay and that is what sent the auto return. And Just maybe she is sitting at home (on vacation) waiting for the item that she paid 600 dollars for on ebay.;)
  8. Bruce Lindfield

Somebody with $600 to fritter away on eBay, sits at home on their vacation - no way!!

9. Hey thanks for all the help Bruce:rolleyes: :)
  10. =^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Couple of things to try - go into ebay, into my ebay , under "Status" there should be a link "invoice sent". Click on that and it should show the address the buyer registered with eBay.

Failing that you can request the contact info from eBay - its under "Find Members". They will get a copy sent to them to show that you have requested the details.

Hope this is some help :)
  11. Least Bruce is being nice hehee

12. fello

Nov 11, 2002
    London, UK
    If you have the buyers Ebay user Id and the item number you sold, the you can go to this page:
    In the middle of that page there's a spot where you can request a user contact info, if you're involved in a Ebay transaction with that user.
    "Sellers can request contact information for all bidders in an active transaction and the winning bidder in a successful, closed transaction.
    Bidders can request contact information for a seller during an active transaction and in a successful, closed transaction if they are the winning bidder"
  13. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    when she gets back, tell her what went down, and send it over night your expence. if you want it there fast with no negative feedback. that's what i'd do. :)
  14. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    At the close of the auction, doesnt the buyer have to fill a page out as to how theyre going to make payment, and where they want the item(s) sent?

Im sure an administrator at ebay could help you out here.