Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I NEED HELP!!! PLZ I BEG!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassist6464, Jun 12, 2004.

1. bassist6464

bassist6464

Jun 12, 2004
    my father has been playing bass for 35 years and i wish to play and he is giving me one of his basses he has a active jazz fender he paid 2000$ for it and he has a (peavey sarzo 4 string licker bass) 1000 he paid for that one, and i want a picture of it PLEASE!!!!!! i cant find a picture or any info on the net! PLEASE HELP!!! and i the peavey is at his friends and i need to give him some money first and i need a PICTURE!!!!!

2. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    $2000 for an active jazz? ripped off.

3. bassist6464

bassist6464

Jun 12, 2004
    No i dont think so its only 10 years Old and the bassist from black sabath played the sarzo i NEED A PICTURE!!!!

4. bassist6464

bassist6464

Jun 12, 2004
    MY dad was not ripped off!!!2000 IT WAS a fender USA MADE NOT SOME MEXICO ****!! and i dont know the what its called but it is a teal fender bass

5. bassist6464

bassist6464

Jun 12, 2004
    THAT FENDER WAS A FIVE STRING AND I PLAYED IT PLAYED GREAT HUDGE NECK THOUGH!!!

6. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I still think he payed to much, and relax a little on the caps.

:)

7. bassist6464

bassist6464

Jun 12, 2004
    wait the link u posted i think thats it thanks sooo much!!!!

8. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Um brand new 5 string American Deluxe Jazz 5 strings are retailing around ~$1200-1300. Not trying to argue, just stating fact.

9. Unless he lives somewhere else than the States. ;)

Cool we are both quoting Lemmy BTW. :D

10. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    yeah maybe like australia. I think for UA dollars that would be a steal.

11. bassist6464

bassist6464

Jun 12, 2004
    WELL i dont know what kind it is all i know is that its some jazz it might be custom i think it is BUT MY DAD HAS SOME BIG ASS GEAR LIKE!!! 2 , 2x15 inch subwoofers and 1,18 and and goliath 4x 10 and a 900 watt amp hook all that up and that bigg ass he also has a dunlop wah wah petal the white one and i love that sound i think its 100$ and u know the rudy sarzo bass i am getting he bought it for 1000 dollars
    he has a 400 amp with that both amps are stereo!!

12. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx

good point. where do you live bassist6464?

13. x182

x182

Mar 22, 2004
    i think your too caught up in the idea of playing expensive pro bass equipment rather than just learning and loving the low end

14. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Pffttt.. I've got better ;-p...

But seriously kid, calm down.

15. are you trying to brag? i dont think your mother would like that. How old are you and where do you live....And your dad did get ripped off...very badly...VERY badly...

16. also its huge, not to be mean, but what goes around comes around

17. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

They have this stuff called "punctuation"... ;) And, yes, $2k for just about any Fender would be considered a rip-off. Keep in mind, I said "just about". :)

18. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    well my dad has a 2 million dollar bass and it is sweet it plays great and I love it alot he also has a 4 trillion dollar bass amp that is l33t and you wish you could be that cool my mom thinks it's really neat too but she doesnt play the bass but me and my dad do i dont care what you guys think my dad can beat up your dad and he can play bass better than your dad can so you all shut up cuz hes really good and hell come over to your house with his 9 million dollar bass rig and rip your head off but I'm just kidding so don't take any of this seriously also MY MOM SAYS I'M COOL

19. tis a sad day when that happens.