Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need help rewiring an Eden 410xlt

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ncognito, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Ncognito

Ncognito Banned Commercial User

Jan 8, 2002
    Hoffman Estates, Illinois
    Owner, Xsonics Bass Cabinets
    Hey Everyone

I have an Eden 410xlt-8 ohm. My new Mesa Boogie Big Block 750 is 750 watts at 2 ohms. It doesn't have enough power to push the Eden very loudly at 8 ohms.

How can I rewire the Eden to a 4 or 2 ohm load? Any WIRING help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Nick

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    you could wire it to be a 2 ohm cabinet by having all of the speakers in parallel but i wouldnt reccomend it

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I have one of my "former" 8 ohm cabs rewired all in parallel to 2 ohms, powered by one channel of my QSC PLX3002. The PLX has no problems pumping at a 2 ohm load, however, your Mesa might. It stresses the amp more, runs hotter. I would avoid it unless you KNOW that your amp can handle the severe stress of running at 2 ohm loads for long periods.

4. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the PLX just a wee bit different from the Big Block in terms of how the power is produced? Class H vs. Class AB? I wouldn't rewire the Eden, I'd get rid of it and get a Schroeder...