Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need help to find the name of a song.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by hitman9696, Apr 6, 2003.

1. I've been trying to find the name of this song for some time now.

It's classic rock. It starts and ends with this very orchestral, climatic melody. It's very powerful. It slightly resembles Wagner's "Spracht Zaratustr".

Then, the song begins. The only lyrics I remember go something like this: "Armageddon, carry me home"... I think :confused:

There really isn't anything else I can say about it. I heard it a few times on the radio, but never catched the title. I made a search on net, but didn't find it. I hope someone can help me out here.

:rolleyes:

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The answer to all classic rock questions is either "Freebird" or "Stairway to Heaven." In this case, it's "Freebird" :D

3. hehe... don't worry, it's not Freebird ;)

To be more precise, the song is made up of 3 parts: Intro, Middle, Ending. The intro and the ending are the same, and they are totally different from the middle. The intro and ending are this kind of orchestral and symphonic ballades that really reach a powerfull climax with the help of synthetisers. No lyrics, and very similar to Wagner (you know, that 2001: Sapce Odessey theme). Again, it's a very powerful climax. Once the intro is over, the real song begins, with really basic classic rock, pentatonic and blues scale riffs. During the chorus, the vocalist sings: "AAAAAAAAAAAArma-geddon, carry me hoooooooooome..." in a very melodic way (I think those are the lyrics, I could be wrong). I've made search for these words, but to no avail.

I've been hearing this song ever since the rock station here in Montreal started playing classic rock. However, no one I know knows about this song, but it should be quite popular, since it really sounds like a power ballad from the 70s (maybe very early 80s) in the same company as Stairway to Heaven and Freebird.

So, again, your help will be very much appreciated.

:D

4. 72beetle

72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    ...the name of the song is 'Armageddon', and it's by Prism.

There was a full moon over Memphis
    National Guard outside
    Thousands wait for Elvis
    Waitin' ever since he died
    For a miracle to gonna happen
    His eminence to restore
    The sound of thunder crackin'
    Signals the beginning of the war to end all wars

Armageddon carry me home
    Armageddon carry me home
    Armageddon carry me home
    Armageddon carry me home

Jerry and Linda in the Whitehouse
    President sleepin' in his shoes
    Red phones ring in the blackout
    Ain't got time to lose
    U-boats off New England
    Enemy submarines
    From Boston to Miami
    On a red alert, you better scramble all the F-15's

Armageddon carry me home
    Armageddon carry me home

5. THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Finally, I found it. Very cool track. It's weird the answer was that easy. Hehe, oh well. Thanks again, sir.

:D

6. I think you're thinking of the main theme from the tone-poem "Also Sprach Zarathustra" (Richard Strauss)...

- Wil

7. Yeah, I could be wrong. Richard Strauss' theme is the "Also Sprach Zarathustra" and Johann Strauss' celebrated composition, "The Blue Danube", is the other. I just got confused for the first one. I though it was Wagner.

Thanks for pointing it out...

:)