Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need help w/recording stuff

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by FleaRHCP, Apr 16, 2001.

1. FleaRHCP

FleaRHCP

Mar 26, 2001
    Rockford, MI
    hey all. i need some help with recording equipment. whats a affordable recorder that i can plug at least 2 mics into onto either a tape or a cd. if you know a great deal on a digital recorder thes fine something around $300. i also need some mics what are affordable good sounding ones. im using one to sing into and next to the drums and the other is by the 2 guitar amps and my bass amp(is this an okay setup?). So i need 2 mics around $50-$100 one for sing and one for amps.thanx for the help guys i appreciate it.

P.S. whats your opinion and the band name the moho for a Rock/punk band. people say it sounds cool. what do you think?

P.P.S. you may have seen this post before in basses forum. I didnt get any resposes so i moved it here.

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Tascam Porta 02
    Tascam 414
    Tascam 424

These are all tape machines with increasing specs.

For digital with 2 inputs try the Fostex FD4 i think its out of production but should fit the bill if you find one.

Cheap mikes Shure SM57 for instruments and SM58 for vocals, however they are the same mike with a different screen.

Right thats the objective answer. However if recording drum kits and stuff I would recommend the Tascam 414 or 424. I have a 424 and have 3 mikes on the kit and line outs for the bass combo and guitar combo, this leaves me one input for electro acoust/keyboards/perc/whatever and its all connected up. Plug and play.

Find your own way of working but be open minded. I wanted a digital system and went for the tape based 424 because it suited my needs better.
    Happy hunting.