Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i need help wireing my jazz bass vol/pan/tone

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Da Funk Docta, Jun 24, 2004.

1. i recently made contact with dimarzio to get a a wireing diagram for the ultra jazz 5's i ordered. the only problem is that i'm not really sure which wires are hot and ground on the diagram. if you could please clarify to me where what goes as according to the diagram, it would be greatly apreciated.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5788&stc=1

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    If you look at the ultra jazz 5 wiring diagram, it states that RED is hot.

The wiring diagram should have came with the pickups, if not it's available online on the UJ5 page on dimarzio.com

3. it says neck hot and bridge hot, but i just need to know if the other ones are all ground, or if there are other ones that are also hot. thanks for the reply btw

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    The wiring booklet that comes with the pickups has all this information. If it doesn't come with the pickups, it's available on the dimarzio web site for download.
    I think the UJ5's are only two conductor, unlike their 4 string equivalents, so the other ones go to ground. If I recall correctly, there's one ground wire (green?) and a gray shielding wire.