Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need help with a trade, QUICK!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pesticle, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Would you trade an Emx 62m 200 watt 6 channel yamaha powered mixer (300 dollars) for an old 1970's model acoustic 150 head and 4 12 cab that comes with it? I need to know by tonight so i want your opinions quickly. Thanks a bunch

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I would, but that's just me...

-robert

3. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I would. But what do you need, a PA head or a bass amp? Do you sing? Does your singer have his own practice PA head?

4. yes... i actually share lead vocals with the guitar player. would the powered mixer be able to handle vocals and bass playing well? (ill run a direct box if i play direct to the pa)

5. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Do you have PA cabs? Or does your band have any other PA options? Yes, you can play a bass through a PA head w/ a DI box. You can't sing through an Acoustic bass amp. Or you can, but it won't sound good.

6. well... i am short on cash right now so i dont have any pa cabs. i have heard the acoustic sang through and it sounds good. with the band i have another option to sing out of. is the acoustic worth more than the pa price wise?

7. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    IMO, the Acoustic and 4x12 is worth a little bit more $ if it's 100% working. Since your band has other PA options, and if you have no other bass amp, I say do it. I don't think singing through the Acoustic is a good idea, but if you like the sound, I can't stop you. :D