1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need help with an SVT 4x8HE cabinet!?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mzin007, Jul 16, 2008.

1. mzin007

mzin007

Jun 21, 2008
    :help:

The question mark is there because I have never seen or heard of a Classic Series Ampeg 4x8 in my life. power handling is 200 watts. I thought to myself when I bought it, "excellent, this will be perfect for my newly acquired Acoustic B200H head!"

So i take it home and fire everything up. it sounds fine for solid state, not much in the way of coloration, which is like good or bad depending on personal sound tastes i guess, but as i was playing around with the volume and gain controls, the top left speaker was rattling like crazy, like those chattering wind up teeth deals they sell at novelty shops in case anybody needed an analogy. but i don't know if its blown, because my speaker blew on my Line 6 Studio 110 and it sounded different.

so...

is there any way i can crack open the cab to see if there's anything i can do in the way of fixing this top left speaker? my brother guessed that it might not be screwed in all the way.

i kinda need to do this soon, because my band has a show in Ocala on Saturday and i need to fix before it.

i know im a forum noob, and there's only so much i can do, but any help would be so amazing. this site is the best.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021