Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i need help with my gibson t-bird

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by thedarksession, May 28, 2005.

1. i love this bass because it sounds incredible, but it's so hard to play because of the action! it's so high! :spit: it's awful. it's exhasuting to just fret notes. i tightened the truss rod and it just made my G string buzz completely. then i adjusted the bridge and it didn't do anything. my D string is like an inch higher than all my other strings. anyone own one of these basses? could you help me out?

2. yes, the trussrod is correct now. the neck is perfectly straight.

3. okay, i worked on it today. the truss rod has a little bit of relief. i lowered the bridge (this has a 3 way adjustment). it's pretty low and there's no buzz. my d string is still way high, though. thats the only thing bothering me

4. haha, these are new strings. the old ones were the same. it could be the fret, like you said. i need to find a bass tech around here, too. i live in syracuse, NY and i think they're sorta rare.

5. Make sure you have the right saddles in the right place. If it's the stock T-Bird 3 point bridge, the saddles are numbered on the bottom of each saddle. You may have the #4 saddle in the #3 slot or something. Even if you don't think you messed with it, just check it for ****s and giggles.

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Hey brother, I'm gonna send out a PM to you. We can find you someone in the area to take care of your problems. There are a few qualified people around.