Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i need help with overall sound!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by indieandrew11, Jan 19, 2004.

1. hello to all! i just wanted to ask for help with getting the sound i want from the gear i have. im not brand new but i used to post on this site a couple years ago. anyways, i have a fender standard p-bass(a mexican one) and an ampeg BA115HP. i really like the way the bassist from Burlap To Cashmere sounded and i am looking for a similar sound. I dont mind spending a little cash to upgrade but i dont want to buy crap i wont use. i was thinking along the lines of some new pickups and maybe a preamp or whatever you guys may suggest. im sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum topic, any suggestions are appreciated.

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I'm not familiar with the bassist you talked about. Could you post a clip of the sound you're looking for, or describe it?

3. ive never been very good at describing the way a bass sound sounds, but its kinda midrange sound, punchy and round, does that make sense?

4. arrghhh! i cant post a sound clip so you can see what i mean!!