Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need help with pedals.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Grim636, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Grim636

Grim636

Feb 26, 2005
    gainesville, FL
    ive been playing bass for a little while now, close to a year, just recently i wanted to try pedals, and my friend gave me his ibanez tube screamer distortion pedal, he told me it was for a guitar but could be used on bass. Can i use the pedal for my bass without it hurting( if thats even possible) anything, or should i get a different pedal, any recommendations that wont hurt my wallet? thanks

2. You won't hurt anything. All a guitar effect does is apply itself to a different frequency range, opposed to a bass pedal.

3. you can use it, it won't hurt anything, but guitar distortion won't always sound great with bass, as the low end seems to drop off...

you can use it, i used a TS once, when my guitarist wasn't using it, and it didn't sound horrible, but a boss odb-3 is pretty cheap and them work a little better for bass...

4. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    ive got a tone-lok series tubescreamer that i frequently use with my bass. i like it, i think it provides quite a unique sound. if you are looking for a distortion/overdrive that is designed for bass, check out the Ibanez PD7 Phat-Hed. Its cheap - about $50 US at music123.com ..