1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

[I NEED HELP] Yamaha RBX375 Korg AX3B Sound Setup

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LorentBassman, Jun 3, 2012.

1. LorentBassman

LorentBassman

Aug 9, 2011
    Bassmans I need your help to define a sweet low sound and clear slap sound too for my bass YAMAHA RBX375 (5 String), I'm using KORG AX3B and I have an amp Fame Megatone PL-60B 60 Watt Transistorcombo,1x12" Speaker! But the sweet sound secret belongs to the KORG AX3B, so I need your help to define a sweet low sound for Rock music like Neil Murray, but I play a lot of funk slapping, because I'm in a band that plays only classic rock and funky songs...so please please can anyone help me define what I want because all I got messing around with korg ax3b is a ****** sound...I NEED YOUR HELP A LOT PLEASE!
    With respect,
    LorentBassman!

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Personally, I think you need a bigger amp, and a good spkr cab, or 2 to go with it. The amp and cab are very important in getting a good rock tone, at volume. Your Korg is a multi-fx(?), I assume, and as such, will offer greater variety at the cost of quality. But, I'd start with the amp.

3. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Perhaps this patch can be helpful to what you're looking for.

Pre FX: Exciter(F2)---45---50---1
    Drive/Amp: Scoop(A3)---57---43---3---2---70
    Level: 73
    NR: 80
    Cab:4x10 MDN(C1)
    Mod: off
    Reverb/Delay: off

Give this patch a try. you can this patch with either the scoop amp model(A3) or the gold panel(A5).

4. LorentBassman

LorentBassman

Aug 9, 2011
    thank you guys, i'll give a try tomorrow and we'll discuss if that's what I'm looking for! Again thanks a lot