Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I Need Help!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Oxblood, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Alright, so im going to fix up my old Squire P. I was wondering if it could be possible to put in a MM type pickup instead of the p bass pickup and would it sound good? If so what type would you suggest? Also I think im going to try a schaller bridge, ive already got a bass with a badass ll on it, and a bass with a Hipshot bridge on it so I wanna see how good these are. Ive already got a maple neck on order from MightyMite and im getting to ready to order a tort pickguard, string tree, new knobs, and straplocks. One more question though, im getting totally new electronics and I dont know what to get cause i have never done anything like this before. Could someone tell me what i need for this as far as jacks and pots go, stuff like that. Thank you for all your help.

2. Wow. It really seems with all the money you're putting into it that you might be better off with a new bass. On the other hand, it is kind of nice to have an instrument that you built/worked on yourself. As for the MM pickup, it won't fit without some body routing.

3. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Yeah I didnt even think that i would have to do some of that. I have never done that before but i hope it wont be too hard.

4. Seems like a lot of money to put into a Squier body

if i was you, I'd save up and buy a Warmoth body routed for a MM pickup. You'd have quite the bass then with the rest of the parts you're talking about