1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I Need Help

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Outlaw_son, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Outlaw_son

Outlaw_son

Mar 8, 2007
    Omahell
    I am trying to record bass onto my PC. Im very new at this and I need some help/advice with some questions i have. I have a list of programs I have and i dont know exactly what each does. I also have a passive direct box with a cable with a instrument jack on one end and a standard small headphone jack on the other side. Please explain to me what these programs do and how i can record bass onto my laptop with them. Here is a list of the programs.

Sonic foundry vegas pro
    Sonic foundry acid pro
    Cubase VST v 3.70
    AudioActive MP3 production studio pro
    cool edit pro
    jbl smaart 1.4
    rebirth 2
    samplitude 2496
    sim synth 2.5
    virtual audio cable

I also have a Horizon Straightline Passive Direct Box
    http://www.northernsound.net/Sales/d...horizondi.html

Thanks for the help.

2. 1. Run 'Cool Edit Pro'
    2. Press 'F1'
    3. Read
    4. ???
    5. Profit... :cool:

P.S. About 5 years ago I made several albums with only CEP. :)

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021