Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B.B., Jan 16, 2003.

1. My fellow bass players I need help.
    I need a new bass guitar becouse mine is totally... Lets just say I neeed a new one:) and I have trouble becouse I can't find a one suitable for the music I play (metall) and that would still be able to live through it all for at least a couple of years.
    I don't have much experience with 5-string basses but it is necesarry for the music I play, you understand. So wold you help me find a good bass so I can get to some serious action.
    Thnx.
    Respect B.B.

Oh, and I don't need names of people or their numbers couse I wont buy anything that I have not tried to see if it suits me. So just send me make and names of the guitars. Thanks for understanding.

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Did you say,,, METAL? Ah, then let me give you some help, friend. whats your price range? and you want a 5? if your short on cash, check out MTD kingston's. cheap, and VERY metal growl. VERY ROCKUS. If money is not your problem, check out the Czech made SPECTORS. heck, even a five string FENDER jazz bass can get sweet metal tones. Rickenbacker also comes to mind if you like the "THUMPCHINK! THUMPCHINK!". And... as always.....

The Ibanez ATK 305..... i recomend this above all the others,,, well,,, maybe not the spectors...

Looks around, the ATK is an amazing bass for cheap. they quit making them in the usa, but you can find them used in alot of places.

I'm sure i left out MANY awesome basses that suit metal well. alot of people will be along shortly.

Hope this helps.

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Their are many basses out their that will suit your needs. How much do you have to spend? Personally, I'd suggest a Sadowsky 24 fret 5 string, but they start @ about $2800 or so.

Welcome to the wonderful world of TalkBass. :)

4. 8_finger

8_finger Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Knowing the situation in our country,B.B.. I say nice yamaha from RBX series or BB series, and that Ibanez ATK suggestion from PollyBass will hit the spot too. I think all Croatian dealers of the forementioned companies have web pages, so do your homework and find them.

P.S. Welcome to TB
    And I saw lot of Ibanezes in www.oglasnik.hr
    good luck

5. DRN

DRN

Mar 17, 2002
    Las Vegas
    I would recommend a Warwick thumb bolt on or a neck through if you can afford it. The Warwick thumbs have a growl that works perfect for metal.

I play in a heavy band. The gtr player has a 7-string so 5-string is necessary.

Good luck