1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I need ideas for a video about bass playing

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by spector_guy2004, May 15, 2003.

1. spector_guy2004

spector_guy2004 Guest

Apr 11, 2002
    Hollister, Ca, USA
    hey guys,
    I am a junior in high school and i am doing a video project in media class about bass playing. I want it to show how bass players are unappreciated and the importance of the bass player in a band. i have been playing bass for about 2 years now. i would just like some ideas on how i could do my video, and some knowledge i should point out as i am not a very experienced bassist. any ideas would help alot guys, thanks.

2. BONZOBASS

BONZOBASS

May 7, 2003
    if you want to show people the importance of a bass player show them the JACP PASTORIUS video.it goes over every possible angle a bass player could contribute to a band(grooving,rythem,and playing the actual melody)i think this bass video is the best to show a non-bass player how its supposed to be done and what a good(the BEST) bass player could add to the band.though JACO'S a bit odd in the video his bass speaks volumes.:bassist: