Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i need info on Center Stage Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by haplo07, Apr 13, 2002.

1. haplo07

haplo07 Guest

Apr 13, 2002
    Tinley Park, IL
    I need info on Center Stage amps. I've been looking for a low cost 50 watt amp for being heard above drums and loud dist guitars. i am new somewhat to this and i have at last found a Center Stage 50 Watt/12 inch speaker Combo for $56 plus S & H. Does anybody have one of an amp under this brand and can you tell me how it sounds and what they know about it?:confused:

2. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    sorry man, i hate to be discouraging.... but i dont think theres any way that amp will hold up under drums and loud distorted guitars. for this situation i think you would need something at least around 200 watts, with at least a single 15 or multiple 10s or multiple 12s. sorry man, no amp that is 60 bucks new is gonna cut it. id suggest you save your money to buy something with more power. because a little amp like that is only going to be good for practicing by yourself.

btw ive never heart of this amp, i am basing this completely on its power rating and cost.

3. haplo07

haplo07 Guest

Apr 13, 2002
    Tinley Park, IL
    sorry about taking so long to respond. the drums are unmiked and the guitar player is only using between a 30 watt marshall (it's mine, which has way more than enough power from what i have heard to over throw the drum), and a 100 watt peavey 100 watt 2x12 combo amp. he hardly uses it that, because of the heavy weight of it. so 50 watts is more than fine for even keeping up with his 100 watt 2x12 and the drums. asl ong as he doesn't flood me out.

I have the amp. i really like it. it's made here in the USA so that is really nice. I just can't find any info on the company other than Center Stage Music Products, ardomore, tennessee. and that my amp is 50 watt solid state. with a 4 band eq, gain, and a volume.

I don't know what difference between the volume and gain are on this amp. on a guitar amp it's usually the difference in limit on OD/DIST, and volume is just the volume unless it's a gain for amount of effect, and the volume for the amount of volume on the effect with a master for over all volume. i don't see an effect unless the gain is for the effects loop. but i don't see any channel switching.

anyway i just want to know more about the company. what else they made. yadda yadda