1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need lots of help

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by fleetwoodmac, Sep 22, 2008.

1. I need bass tabs for these songs, ASAP. I'm terrible at tabbing. I couldn't do it to save my life. I realize there are a LOT of songs listed here, but I figured I'd try anyway.

Buckingham Nicks songs: (bass parts seem easy enough. This album is not commercially available, but if someone is willing to tab it out for me, I'll send you the songs)
    Crying in the Night, Without a Leg to Stand On, Crystal, Don't Let Me Down, Long Distance Winner, Races Are Run, Lola (My Love), Frozen Love!

Fleetwood Mac songs:
    The Ghost, Sentimental Lady, Shake Your Moneymaker, I'm So Afraid, Monday Morning, Blue Letter, World Turning, Sugar Daddy, Coming Home, Bad Loser, Jewel Eyed Judy, Can't Go Back, Only Over You, Straight Back, Second Hand News, I Don't Wanna Know, Oh Daddy, The Ledge, Think About Me, Not That Funny, Brown Eyes, Beautiful Child, Sisters of the Moon, Love in Store, Hypnotized, As Long as You Follow, Bare Trees, Believe Me, Future Games, Just Crazy Love, KEEP ON GOING!!, Oh Well, Why, Fireflies, Big Love, Bright Fire, What Makes You Think You're The One, That's All For Everyone, Butter Cookie (Keep Me There), For Duster (The Blues)

2. Ultraviolet

Ultraviolet

Jun 5, 2007
    have you tried downloading the sheet music from musicnotes.com or similar? Should give you the basslines, then just translate into tab (if its not on the download). Usually takes me about an hour (not exactly my forte either).

3. Yes, I've looked at plenty of sheet music and tab sites and can't find anything I'm looking for.

4. Two months later and I still haven't found anything. I tried tabbing some of these songs and failed miserably.

5. BluesWalker

BluesWalker Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    If you can't tab yourself (or don't have the patience), there are some folks out there who will tabs songs for a few $$s. I have never used these services, thus do not have links or other contact info, but I recall seeing them advertising in bass guitar content mags and on-line. I am sure a google search would reveal a few of them.

6. Just did a search for them and couldn't find anything :bag:

7. Just tried to do the intro to I Don't Want To Know

G|-------------------------------|
    D|----4-2--424----42--4----------|
    A|-2-----------2--------2--------|
    E|-------------------------------|

Not too sure about the second last note...

8. Here's what I've figured out for the verse. I still have to work on the walking bass part.

G|---------------------------------------------------------------|
    D|------4---2---------------------4---2---4----------------------|
    A|--2-----------walking part--2----------------------------------|
    E|---------------------------------------------------------------| x1

G|---------------------------------------------------------------|
    D|------4---2---------------------4---2---4----------------------|
    A|-02-----------walking part--2----------------------------------|
    E|---------------------------------------------------------------| x3

9. Unless the basslines are distinctive to the song, you'd be probably better off getting chord charts and playing something as close as you can over the changes. If it fits close to rhythmically as you can get it and the changes are right, most people (if any) won't know they're not the same basslines, in a typical pub-gig situation, and even fewer would care.

10. ever figure out holiday road?!! haha