Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I NEED matt redman bass tab Help!

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by bassist6464, Sep 30, 2004.

1. bassist6464

bassist6464

Jun 12, 2004
    hi i need a bass tab, The song is blessed be your name

its by matt redman please just post a link, i cant find any bass tabs of matt redman,, i also want the song i am tradin' my sarrows by matt redman, thank you

2. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Some Redman bass tabs can be found here http://www.christianguitar.org/bsongs/70 , however the songs you're requesting aren't there. Personally, I've never heard "Blessed be Your Name", but your best bet is to find a guitar tab, play the root notes and a few fills. For "Trading my Sorrows" you play this(if it's in G)--

G|--4--4---9---12--12--11--|
    D|--------------------------|
    A|--------------------------|
    E|--3--3---8---12--12--10--|

G|--4--4---9---12--12--15--|
    D|--------------------------|
    A|--------------------------|
    E|--3--3---8---12--12--14--|

3. outofthedeep

outofthedeep Guest

Jan 14, 2004
    East Texas
    1st, blessed be your name is only 4 cords.. CAGF... or tanspose to any key..... just fill in as you see fit.... also not sure if redmond actually wrote the song.. i know the 2 versions really popular on the radio are rebecca st. james, and tree 63.
    2nd, trading my sorrows is not by matt redmond, but by darrell evans, but has been remade several times....

anyway, hope that may help some.. also, try theese places for cords/tab

www.delicatefade.com
    www.praisetown.com

also try www.worshiptogether.com for some of redmond's stuff... its his record group.....

4. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    What recording are you working from? Blessed be Your Name, by Matt and Beth Redman, has become very well known and has been recorded both by him and other artists. It will work pretty well with sticking to the root note of each chord - either pumping eighths or fitting in with the rhythm of the kick drum - in which case you only need a chord sheet to work from.

On the other hand, if you're trying to work out the nuances of a particular recording, it would be useful to give artist and album as well as song title. For example, I've not heard Redman do I'm Trading My Sorrows but I do know it has also been widely recorded. I also know that the way I play it at church works but is quite different from the other approaches I've heard.

Wulf

5. mnadelin

mnadelin

Apr 6, 2003
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I'm curious. Could you tell me what your approach to that tune is? I also play Trading my Sorrows in church and when I play it, I do this double-stop thing, which is different than the record. It's all just root/3rd though.

6. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    I do something along the lines of:

HTML:
    <pre>
    A|-------2-3--------|------------------|
    E|-3----------------|-0--1--2----------|
       1e&e2e&e3e&e4e&e&  1e&e2e&e3e&e4e&e
    </pre>

I'll hold the note on the third beat of each bar for a while, often snapping off just before the fourth beat. We don't do the bridge section of the song so it's just a case of repeating the two bar riff throughout.

Wulf

7. Ozzyman

Ozzyman

Jul 21, 2004
    usually people count 1e&a2e&a3e&a4e&a
    It's easier because there's a different sound for each beat (or quarter of a beat)

8. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    It was really just to illustrate beat placement via tab - when playing from notation I'm more likely to try to play recognised rhythm patterns than counting it all out. Whatever syllables you use become a mouthful when you're trying to play anything faster than a slow ballad.

If I'm trying to figure out a rhythm (because I haven't got the pattern programmed in) I'll "zoom in" by counting semiquavers as quavers, quavers as crotchets, etc.

Wulf

9. We do that one all the time at church....basic chords for bass are B, F#, G#, E.

Trading My Sorrows is A, D, F# E. The bridge goes from E to G to D

Both songs are very repetitive. You can hear our churchs version of Trading my Sorrows on my website at http://www.barrettzone.com/scott_plays_bass.htm

You can email me at scott@barrettzone.com should you need any help....

Scott

10. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Oh yes - I forgot to mention that our 'Trading' is normally in G major (G C Em D/F#) and we don't bother with the bridge section...

Wulf

11. Wulf....

We have though about doing it that way...depends on which singers are there. Song is so simple, that we play it in whatever key feels right for the day. Throws me a bit when I do the doublestop chording in the beginning though....

SB

12. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    It's such a simple tune that it's very easy to move around (as long as you aren't relying too much on open strings for any of the patterns). I think it's the only song in our church music folder which is shown in two possible keys (E or G in our case - the chord sheets were my own handiwork) depending on what else it is fitting in with. G major is our normal choice though.

Wulf

13. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas

We play them both this way at my church as well. Our youth band (I'm in it too, as there are no teenagers willing to learn bass) - plays BBYN in A, E, F#, D: really heavy when E, F# & D are played on the B-string.