i need new strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by spector_guy2004, Dec 9, 2002.

1. spector_guy2004

spector_guy2004 Guest

Apr 11, 2002
    Hollister, Ca, USA
    hey guys, ive been playin bass for about a year and a half. in fact Dec 19 is the anniversary of me getting my spector :D. anyways, i need some new strings, ive been able to avoid getting new ones for a while, ive only had to change them once. they were my dads 5 year old D'addairo's. i need some new ones because i am breaking them. i want to have a good treble sound that i can use both my fingers and a pick with. any suggestions would help me alot. thanks guys.
  2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Everly B-52 Rockers are my absolute favorite bass strings in the world. I like them so much that I even opened an online store to sell Everly stuff. However, it didn't work out, and I closed it, but I like these strings better than all others. So, in other words, I have no financial incentive for recommending them.

I used these strings on my Heartfield DR-5, and I'm currently using them on my Squier 5 (which sounds great, incidentally). They are very even-sounding and the clarity of the E and B is very good, which is one of my big concerns. These are Alloy 52, which is supposed to be brighter than nickel, but not so bright as stainless.

I have recently tried GHS boomers, Webstrings, Ernie Ball Slinkys, Fender 7350's, D'Addario XL's, D'Addario Slowounds, Elixirs, and some others, on various 4, 5, and 6 stringers. I liked the Boomers, Slowounds, and Elixirs best out of that list.

Hope this helps.
  3. Look at Dean Markley SR2000 strings, they go thin at the bridge and are very trebaly