I Need Opinions.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Boredwithabass, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Ok, heres the deal, i've been playing for 3 years, and i've had my first bass stack for about 5 months and still have yet to do a show with it(bands lately havn't been active). But, I would like to better my equipment to suit my style and needs. my current rig is:

-Peavey mark IV bass head
    -Laney 4x10
    -Laney 2x15

now im alright with the laney's though each one has a flaw, a few arn't really that big.

-head has a small glitche with the wiring, one time i was messing with the highs and i put them half way and it gave me a almost distortion tone, it was fuzzy. after messing with it further it went away and i've never had the problem since, but i've noticed that after that, the tone has just gotten worse. its not as great as before and since i've had it i've only found one setting that i was happy with. and it didn't last and now i can't find it at all.

-Laney 4x10, this ones pretty good, though i've noticed it has a crack in the ramework on the rim of the bottum left speaker. probably will lead to more problems if used more.

-Laney 2x15, this one has a flaw in the frame work, theres a support board in the back center of the cab thats loose, you can hear it pretty good on the low's.

Now im not exactly looking for solutions for the problems (especially the head) because eventually i intend on replacing it all. but first i would like to start with replacing the head. which brings me to the entire point of this post.

How much(roughly) do you think i should sell the head?

I know that it's a hard question considering you can't hear it yourself or mess with it in person, but just going by the info i've given you, how much?. I plan on getting a beheringer ultrabass 3000 head. i have a friend who owns one and i like it. it suits my needs perfectly. eventually i want to get beheringer cabs as well (aluminum cones).

But, that's my delima, any help or input would be MUCH appreciated.

Thank you,
  2. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    Check Ebay to see what used Peavey heads go for. Thinking about getting a BEHRINGER head and BEHRINGER speaker cabinets too? Do a search on BEHRINGER. There is a lot of info about them. I think there were a couple of threads about BEHRINGER. :D
  3. Sidecar666

Mar 27, 2004
    well, now that you've told us your equipments flaws...I don't want any part of your busted up gear!!!! HAHHAA :p
  4. who ever said its not fixable?
  5. Keeping up with E-bay will let you know how much you can get for your gear. There is also a site called Prepal that has current used prices on a lot of gear.

Get some contact cleaner and clean the pots inside the amp before you decide to sell it. This may fix the problem you are having and won't cost more than a couple of bucks.
  6. Awsome, i'll do just that.