I need opinons on my first custom...

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by MaskedJackal, Jan 10, 2006.

1. T-34

Aug 11, 2005
    France, Paris region
    Fretless and with whammy bridge? Why both?

Concerning the pickup, this EMG TW is darn impossible to find. Last year I couldn't find the store, online or who had this pickup on stock.
  2. No whammy on that bridge. Don't worry, I don't really enjoy the idea of a fretless with one :scowl:

The pickup can be found! www.gtrheaven.com has them in stock for a mere 115.00.
  3. T-34

Aug 11, 2005
    France, Paris region
    They won't ship to Europe...
  4. klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    Not a problem for those of us in the states. :D

Masked, looks nice. Interesting bridge that lets you space your own strings...

Are you going to let Carvin do your headstock all pointy-like, or making your own design?

I'm shopping MM pickups right now myself. I'll probably need to buy before you get your hands on yours but I'm interested to hear your opinion of it.
  5. Nah, I don't like their headstocks too much, so I'm having them ship it unshaped. And that Kahler bridge is indeed handy, as something tells me I might not get the spacing right the first time :smug:

I'll tell you plenty about the EMG MM pickup as soon as I get this project finish, which will indeed be in a while. I'm swamped- the bass is the art peice component of my senior project on Bass Innovation. But man, I'm stoked to figure all this out.... :hyper: