I need pick-up's for a Hartke

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by frankencow150, Dec 11, 2003.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Ok...my brother has a Hartke bass and wants to get new pick-up's for it. I don't know the exact model or name of it and couldn't find it online, but it's black and has two rectangle pick-up's (sorry, forgot what those are called). He usually goes for a bassy and smooth sound and he has a
    Peavey 120 watt amp. What would be the best? Also...not too expensive.

2. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    You have a PM. ;)
  3. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Hey thanks man, those look nice. BUT...the pick-up's arent Jazz pick-ups, they're a little wider and bigger. I'm gonna ask my brother for the specific model and try to find a picture of it, but thanks! Anyone got anymore suggestions?
  4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I'm not terribly familiar with those, but from what I remember you are going to have a heck of a time finding pickups to fit that bass, since they were proprietary and a unique size.

You will probably have to have the body routed to fit a different pickup, one that is wider than the existing hole.

If I may ask, what is the problem with the existing pickup? I hope he isn't going to change them just for the sake of change . . . not when a direct drop-in isn't available and the body has to be cut up.