Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need pick-up's for a Hartke

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by frankencow150, Dec 11, 2003.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Ok...my brother has a Hartke bass and wants to get new pick-up's for it. I don't know the exact model or name of it and couldn't find it online, but it's black and has two rectangle pick-up's (sorry, forgot what those are called). He usually goes for a bassy and smooth sound and he has a
    Peavey 120 watt amp. What would be the best? Also...not too expensive.

Thanks

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    You have a PM. ;)

3. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Hey thanks man, those look nice. BUT...the pick-up's arent Jazz pick-ups, they're a little wider and bigger. I'm gonna ask my brother for the specific model and try to find a picture of it, but thanks! Anyone got anymore suggestions?

4. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Bump

5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I'm not terribly familiar with those, but from what I remember you are going to have a heck of a time finding pickups to fit that bass, since they were proprietary and a unique size.

You will probably have to have the body routed to fit a different pickup, one that is wider than the existing hole.

If I may ask, what is the problem with the existing pickup? I hope he isn't going to change them just for the sake of change . . . not when a direct drop-in isn't available and the body has to be cut up.