Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I Need Powarhr

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bodom, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Bodom

Bodom

Aug 31, 2002
    Well this is it basicly. I play in the school band in 24 days we are having a big concert and my current rig of a carvin 100watt combo is well... to small for the size of the local im gonna fill and i got an offer from my local music shop on a Ampeg b2r with a 4x10 cabinet whice was pretty good but, I dont think that the B2R is big enough for the gig so basicly my question is the b2r big enough or should i look for other alternatives?

2. CraigV

CraigV

Jan 8, 2002
    Without knowing what size the room is, what sort of band this is (most school bands are NOT going to play at high volume), what the cabinet is (make, model, impedance), and what you consider to be adequate volume, it's a little tough to answer.

The B-2R puts out 200w into 8ohms, and 350 into 4ohms. If this isn't enough, your venue should have a PA that you can run a direct line into, and that will solve this issue. In fact, this could be a good zero-dollar solution for the Carvin.

3. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I recently played a gig with my Funk band in my old highschool gym. I used my Ampeg V4BH(100 watts), through a 15. It was perfectly fine. More than enough volume. EQ is one of the more important considerations in these situations. The B2R would have more than enough power.