1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need power amp help from you guys

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WyattUrp, Mar 23, 2006.

1. WyattUrp

WyattUrp

Dec 16, 2005
    Warwick,RI
    I have a SVP- Pro preamp I am down to 2. I need your thoughts good and bad experiences also with:

QSC Rmx-850 vs. Peavey PV900

Any help is much appreciated guys !!!!:hyper:

2. I don't think you could go wrong with either one. Although I haven't tried the Peavey their reputation for reliability speaks for itself. I have used the QSC RMX 850 for PA duty and it performed very well. The switches that allow you to parallel the inputs and the ones that let you set a high pass filter (30 or 50hz) are a nice touch. As far as reliability, well, I have an old beat up QSC USA900 in my bass rig that has fallen onto concrete twice and it still works perfectly.

BTW I use a QSC RMX 1450 for PA right now and it is top notch!

3. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I own several QSC RMX series amps and I will vouch for their reputation as solid reliable power amps. I don't own an 850 but I own 1450's, 2450's, and 4050's and they are bullit proof. I Can't say that abot my Crown XLS or CE's that I own.

The only down side to the RMX is that they are heavy. It feels like it has four bricks inside that steel case. But maybe thats why they don't break.

As for Peavey I don't own their power amps but I own some of thier bass gear and it is solid. Not pretty to look at but solid and reliable.

I think you are probably safe with either one.

4. WyattUrp

WyattUrp

Dec 16, 2005
    Warwick,RI
    Guys thanks for the replys, if anyone else has an opinion let me know:bassist: