Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need serious help!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Prime Mover, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    For the past two days now I have seen hearts around my apartment complex with my daughters name inside them! She is six years old, and it is not in her handwriting! I am a little freaked about this, and she states she doesn't know who is doing it. Just a few minutes ago, after taking a short nap, I walked onto my balcony and saw another one on the street where we live!

What can I do about this?

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Report it to the police.

Hopefully it's just a 6 year old boy with his first crush.

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    You should quietly ask around the neighborhood of people that you know and trust if they can keep an eye out and hopefully spot the person that's doing this.

4. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    I wish it was, however, it is a grown up's handwriting.

Woody...HEY!!!! I am going to get my neighbors to keep an eye out when I am not at home....

Scary...if you all have seen my daughter...JT you have, she is a knockout!

5. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

That is pretty strange...is your daughter's name so unique that it precludes the possibility of being directed towards someone else?

6. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Well she did find one of those notes on her balcony, so it pretty much rules out your theory.

PM: I hope this is just some crush by another six year old. I would be very careful though..

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Getting everyone watching may spread the word enough to scare off any potential threat/other weirdness. I would call the police too, just to get it on the books.

8. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    The survaliance thing is a good idea. Setup a video camear if possible, that way you have the person on tape for evidence.

9. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I thought she said she walked onto her balcony and saw it on the street...

Also is it just the first name or both first and last you are seeing?

10. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    That is rather creepy. Are there ever any messages other than just her name?

Definatly call the police though. And get some neighbors to keep a lookout.

11. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Jared you are right

FRIST- contact your daughter's teacher, and ask if any child seems to have a crush on her...

if not...then do these...

1) call the police
    2) neighborhood watch
    3) place a video camera somewhere

does the writing on the hearts look like a child's or an adult's handwriting?

12. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Yes, my daughters name is unique and is spelled differently than most. No, I investigated the handwriting and it is not that of a six year old. I have my neighbors watching out for any strange occurance, and I will be walking my daughter everywhere until I find out what the hell is going on.

Thanks for your advice.

13. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Connie- i hope they catch that sick freak, keep me posted, whether it be by this thread or PM

14. id be creeped if that was happening to me

15. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    My daughter turned up MISSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was at work and my babysitter called stating that she was did not come home from a friends house. She went to the park where my daughter said she would be with this mother and her two daughters. No daughter! She called me @ work. I couldn't get away b/c I lent a friend my car. Called that friend up to let her know an emergency has come up, I need her here now. She calls me back....45 minutes later stating she FORGOT TO TURN MY LIGHTS OFF AND RAN MY FARGIN' (Not the word I want to use right now) BATTERY DOWN...BRAND NEW BATTERY...SHE FORGOT TO TURN MY LIGHTS OFF...MY CAR BEEPS WITH THE LIGHTS ON! I told her my daughter was missing I need her @ss her now! She hangs up on me....I call a friend and ask if they found her yet...he said no...went to one of her friends house, and low and behold she was there. Thank you GOD! I felt helpless because I couldn't be there! Babysitter didn't know where this friend lived and it is not her fault. Daughter knows when to be home and Daughters friends parents know that she is not aloud out past a certain time. An hour passes by, no freakin' car! Keep trying to call her on her cell...no luck! finally she arrives at my job with a car load of people and it is packed with crap! I yell at her and realized, I have to take these B!ches home! Two hours have gone by, and I still cannot get to my child. I should have made them walk their @sses home!. I take off, like a bat out of hell and state that I am going to beat my child, then I am going to hug her, than beat her @ss again. This chick tells me not to touch her! Who the hell does she think she is anyway? (Don't flame me for wanting to spank her...don't need it right now...thnx). I arrive at this chicks house, and there is a two week infant in my car not in a car seat! NO CAR SEAT! I was driving fast, and I didn't even know! What a freakin' night.

Finally get them home and arrive at my apartment complex @ 10pm!. Daughter is asleep in babysitters bed safe and sound....Have not spoken to daughter yet...I probably would have done some damage to her as upset as I was tonight with everything that went on. I am thanking God right now for her safety, and I am definately getting to the bottom of this heart thing. Morningdove and I are going to ask her again if she knows who is writing them. They spelled her name right so daughter may know who is doing this.

Thanks for letting me rant like this.

16. deadweeds

deadweeds

Oct 28, 2002
    Harbor Beach,MI
    that's all crazy...keep an eye on her!

17. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Whoever told you not to spank your daughter needs to mind their own business and STFU. She needs to learn things like this one way or another, and sometimes there are things that need to be made FIRM!

PS, I would stop loaning your car out as well, especially assholes that hang up on you in situations like that. I would of also reported whoever put the baby in the car without the carseat. Having someone pissed at you is better than the consequences of what could happen due to someones neglect, endangerment, and laziness.

18. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    I would have gotten in trouble for driving that car...I was so into my emotions I didn't even notice! A car seat was there but This chick told me that one of those cousins was pregnant, so it didn't register...and the loaing of the car thing? you bet your sweet arse I am not lending it out again! she used a half a tank of gas for crying out loud! I thought she was going home!

I need a drink.

19. I suggest keeping your daughter with a relative that lives somewhat nearby if possible and out of school till this blows over. Children go missing too often and I don't want that to happen to anyone here. Best of luck Prime.