Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need some 4x10's in this size

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by full_bleed, Feb 20, 2006.

1. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    I need some compact 4x10 cabs that are no more than .5" larger than 27H x 24.5W x 16.5D. They must also be able to handle low droped C tunning. I'll be pushing them right now with a Peavey firebass head but I may be changing to a stronger power amp and a pre setup somewhere down the road. So what yall gots fo me?

2. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
  3. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    4ohm works for me. my firebass can handle a 2ohm load. how is the sound quality of those aggie cabs? Are they nice and clear or more like an Ampeg?

4. bigbeefdog

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Aguilars are known for a good, solid low end..... most think they cut through well..... but in the end, it depends on your preferences, no one else's.....

Search the Amps forum for "S410", and you should find a good dose of opinions, and descriptions of the tone....

5. mactac

mactac Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    schroeder. it's even smaller

6. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    first and last bump

7. Why don't you wait to hear reviews of the Sadowsky SA410 before you make your choice. It's 25.5"H x 22.75"W x 15.5"D. 85 lbs weight and 800watts @ 4 ohms. Tom Bowlus is having a get together over the weekend testing it so expect a review next week.

8. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I just got mine in today, and this is definitely the smallest 4x10 I have picked up. I can walk right through a doorway without hitting my knuckles on the doorjams! :)

I did not expect it to be this compact. Very nice.

Tom.

9. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Same here. My first reaction to mine was, "whoa..its small!". On top of that, it sounds fantastic!

10. I'm glad to hear you got it. I've been looking for a small 4x10 myself and the smallest I could find locally was the Ampeg SVT410HE. It looks really small when next to other 4x10's. However it didn't sound great to my ears. It lacked low freqencys and didnt have any openness to the sound IMO. I'm hoping to see very positive reports about the SA410.

11. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I have an Avatar Delta 410 8 ohm. Has those exact dimensions. I tune to low A...seems fine to me. Handles gobs o power as well. PM me, if like.

12. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    yeah I was looking at the avatar also mainly because they are so damn cheap but from what I've read around here they are also a pretty good cab aswell.

how much are those SA410's going for

13. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    $999. More than an Avatar, but they really are in a different league.

14. bigbeefdog

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Hmmmm... seems like it's time for the original poster to tell us if he's looking at $400 cabs (Avatar, Aguilar closeouts) or $1000 cabs (Schro, Sadowsky)....

15. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I have an Avatar B410 Neo. Handles my Low B like a champ. See sig for my short review.

16. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    Pics???

17. full_bleed

full_bleed

May 27, 2005
    Arizona
    I'm not really concerned with the price but as always the cheaper I can get off the better. Well maybe 1000 and up would be to much on second thought. These are going to be on the road not in my room.