Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need some advice really bad!!! HELP!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tym2cu_bass, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Ok, now that i have all your guys' attention, i have a serious question to ask.

I know there are forums for this, but i trust all of you guys a lot, and i believe you can help me with this.

I started dating this girl about two weeks ago, and i REALLY like her. Something came up the other day though... uh, she was riding the bus home one day, and uh... well... here's where it gets kinda awkward for the forum. Ok, this stupid kid was sitting behind her i guess (i wasn't there, i was on my way home for the day) and he acts like he was going to walk past her, but instead he turns around and grabs her chest...

Sexual harrasement right? she was acting wierd all day, and it turns out it was because she didn't know wat to say to me. finaly she told me like 10 minutes ago about it. You have no idea what i want to do to this kid right now. What should i do? I dont want to get thown in jail, but i dont want this kid to get away with it... She wont tell her dad, she wont let me... and uh... well, she is acting like she doesn't want to do much about it...
    I told her to go to the police office and file for sexual harrasement and get this prick locked up or fined or whatever. I need help. I dont know wat to do. I want to crack a skull right now... i've been asking a lot of friends today for what i should do, but they aren't giving me any answers, they are all stunned. my girlfriend wont even tell her dad about it! i dont want to have to tell her dad behind her back!

HELP ME!!!!

2. I believe highly in obeying the law so whatever you do... stay within the law because you may end up regretting it sooner or later.

Though it is sexual assault, a boob grab is not worth a police record. Tell a teacher, tell a parent... tell a cop... ever seen Dirty Works? There is a good idea for gun use in there that involves no shooting or beating...

gun in the desk...

I likely sound like a confused light of the situation person so I am going to quit

3. she's gotta tell someone about it...either her parents, teacher, anybody who would be trained in this kind of situation...if you don't do anything about it, that kid is A. going to do the same to your girl, or B. do it to any other girl...if you don't do anything about it, you are only giving him the idea that nothing will happen to him if he does it again. but also, be smart about it, don't crack skulls (yet ;))

tell her to tell someone!

Charlie

4. You (unless its happened to you) have no idea how hard that is for me to hold back from doing.... the last time i felt like this was when my parents got a divorce.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah dude, we all know how hard it is to restrain those kinds of feelings. Being mad like that is not a unique feeling you have.

You're 15, so I am guessing all the parties involved are 15 or so. Is that right? I really doubt anything will come from this as far as the police go. Report it to the school...maybe he can get banned from riding the bus, and told to steer clear of your girl.

-Mike

6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    BTW, its not sexual harrasment, its sexual assault! Cat calls and sexual getsures are harrasment. Physically grabbing a womans breast is assault.

You need to tell her to stand up for herself and all other future victims of this lowlife. Did this happen on a school bus? Worse comes to worse, go speak with a school official or a police officer. In AZ we have whats called "mandatory reporting" which makes it criminal for a school employee not to report the incident to the police for further investigation.

Get her to do it. If she won't, then you need to. Your relationship, if a good one, will survive.

7. I don't think you should fight, but if you did you won't get thrown in Jail, you're under 18 so you will just get a slap on the wrist if anything. I say you just forget this unfortunate event ever happened and get on with life, kids will do stupid things and beating the kid up will just cause even more problems. If you see him again give him the evil eye, that should do him in good.

8. A friend of mine did some time and one of the places he was in was a hospital for the criminally insane. There were lowlifes there who were in for every kind of sexual assault you can think of - rape, rape with violence and even murder.

Their life story is always the same. They start off doing fairly low level stuff like grabbing a girl's boobies or arse. If they get away with that then they move on to more serious offences like dragging her into the bushes and feeling her up. Again, if this behaviour isn't nipped in the bud then they will graduate to rape and then rape with violence.

Rapist don't live normal lives until they just suddenly wake up one morning thinking " I'm gonna rape someone today". It starts at an early age, maybe with a disturbed home life and they build up to it.

You can see the point I'm making. You cannot let this arsehole get away with it. by doing nothing you could be helping to create a monster in the future.

But that aside, like KL says, it's not sexual harrassment, it's sexual assault, which is a serious enough crime in itself.