Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need some advice!!!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Franz Jr., Dec 10, 2002.

1. Franz Jr.

Franz Jr. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Help Me find a builder!!!
    I have a 5-string Moses graphite neck, with fanned frets. I need someone to build me abody and put it all together. Does anyone know who would be good for this project?? Any help is appreciated

2. are you looking for a traditional body shape or something more unique.

Places like warmoth have ready made bodies that will bolt most any neck as long as you let them know what you have.

If you are looking for something more unique there are lots of great designers here, FBB Custom and Dave Pushic are both TB locals that will do the mild to wild side of custom. search the threads for some great pictures of their work.

Do you know what you are looking for in a body? Size , shape, tone , wood preference, etc?

they will want to know that sort of thing.. and can also help you make those decisions.

3. Franz Jr.

Franz Jr. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks for the help, I talked to DP but he does not do bolt ons. I want something unique, a sort of Brian Bromberg body style.

4. Mike Sherman is a TB member as well. (Msherman) he does some nice looking stuff and does bolt ons. I am going to try to get to his shop in the next few weeks to possibly discuss a new machine with him.. you may want to get ahold of him