1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need some good advice.......

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by groovyastro, Oct 3, 2006.

1. groovyastro

groovyastro

Sep 22, 2006
    Ok, here's the deal, I've been playing music for 15 or 20 years, I've never played bass until recently, I must admit I am really, really starting to enjoy it, I can't believe how fun these things are.... Anyways, It's time for a bass amp, I have two questions:

1. What about the Line 6 Lowdown ld300 pro... I really like Line 6 guitar products but know nothing about these things, does anyone here or has anyone here played on one of these and if so, what did you think....

2. If you could spend between $500 and $800 what would you buy...

Keep in mind that I have a peavey patriot bass and we play everything from motown to 3 doors down....

2. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    Between $500 and $800 ... hmmm ... I have about that into my gear, and ended up with Yamaha BBT500H head (incredible versatility!!) for $349, Avatar SB112 ($160 used), two Yamaha BB110 cabs ($149 each) ... that comes out to $809, and I have an incredible array of sound available with the head, and it is also very light, portable and modular (112/110/210's/112&110/112$210's) ... the simplest way may be $3-400 into your head of choice (new or used), and then pick up something like a used 212 or 410 for 2-300 bucks ... they are all over the place ... check the TB classifieds ...

3. groovyastro

groovyastro

Sep 22, 2006
    yamaha??? Hmm!! Hadn't thought of that, I really like yamaha equipment..... It's a favorite of mine, just didn't know if they made very good bass stuff!!!

4. groovyastro

groovyastro

Sep 22, 2006
    what about the bass podxt live from line 6, anybody had any experience with that???

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Good for recording or playing at home. Sounds like processed crap in a live mix (unless you spend A LOT of time tweaking presets)

6. groovyastro

groovyastro

Sep 22, 2006
    so it don't sound like the clips on there site???

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 17, 2021