Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need some help here On Wooten

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by johnm0187, Feb 14, 2003.

1. I have figured out about 2:40 into classical thump but i cant figure out the part right after vic plays with his fingers i think its the transition or something that i cant pick up the notes. I dont really need a tab for this just the intervals between notes or anything to get me started.

Thanks for the help

John

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Are you talking about the double thumb part after the fingerstyle bit?

3. yes. I just watched the video of him and right before the

G 12/13
    D 11/12

tap with right hand he does some tapping thing. I know what he is tapping with his right hand but what is he doing with his left?

John

4. anyone no either of these parts?

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm still unsure of which part you are talking about....I fake the doublet thumb part, by outlining the chords with double thumb triplets. Which is more or less what he is doing.

6. it is th epart directly after the finger picking. What do you mean by outlining the chords and what is the chord name ie. A

John

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Well...basically I just do double thumb triplets over the same pattern as the fingerstyle part
    so thats like a 1-5-8-10 interval thing starting on A then moving to 1-5-8-9 on B...ya know?

I don't think he taps that part, but its been a while since I saw a video of him playing that song so I can't say for sure.

8. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    where can you find that video?

9. Ebay my friend

Victor Wooten super solo technique i think its called

Thanks for that robot

10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I can't wait to hear what you come up with John!....sorry I couldn't be of any more help, I've never been a perfectionist ;) I just play what works :D

Amazon.com also has the video, but it ain't cheap...$50 bucks new, they have it for $35 used(and "like new") from their marketplace.(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...303082254/all/ref=dp_pb_a/002-6703211-3744842)

the full title is Victor Wooten:Super bass solo technique

11. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    thanks.

but unless it's availabe on dvd i won't buy it.
    i'm not even sure if there's a european (pal-)version available anyway.

i had hoped there would be a bass.day.98-like video available.

12. I will have to record it later cause i moved all my bass stuff to my room. But eventually i will record it