1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need some help here!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tinman 1967, May 7, 2010.

1. tinman 1967

tinman 1967

Mar 6, 2010
    Just finished looking at a 2005 Gibson SG reissue.. The sellers father passed away, he ended up with it. I comes with the correct case, no paperwork, no tr wrench, The bass has the usual dings and nicks, nothing bad, just surface scratches, and a few small dents. One thing I did notice, was that there seemed to be a crack that was about 1/4 inch long from the back of the backplate out and down the side of the bass, about 1/8 of an inch.Looked like more than a finish crack to me. The instrument was set up nicely, played well, although I was unable to plug it in....

He is asking $ 800..... He wanted me to make him an offer, I told him I was unsure as to what I should do! Im thinking $500? Its not a faded series.... its the regular reissue SG.

Im not looking for a museum piece..... just a good old short scale Gib to bang around on?

What to do?

Let it rip people!!

2. VinKreepo

VinKreepo

Nov 13, 2009
    You can get an Epiphone for 200-300 off eBay new I think

3. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    $800 without the crack $650 with one