I need some help with a new a bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by green machine, Sep 24, 2005.

1. green machine

green machine

Sep 24, 2005
    Hello everyone,

I've been playing for quite a few years now and I would like to upgrade to a new bass since I'm switching from guitar player to bassist in a band. I would just like to get some recomendations about what to get.

What I'm looking for is a 4-stringer good for alternative (specifically shoegaze) and rock. I've been looking at the G&L L-2000 and that looks like what I want, only problem is there aren't any G&L dealers where I live. So can some one describe what the G&L sounds like or recommend a bass for the style I want to play :confused:
  2. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    The L2000's are great basses and are very versatile. The G&L website has audio clips (header on left of page) of an L2500 (five string version of L2K) and also quite an extensive list of dealers listed by state. If you have only called around and haven't used this reference - check it out.

Hope this helps.

3. green machine

green machine

Sep 24, 2005
    Thanks, I didn't see the soundclip page till you mentioned it. And theres not a G&L dealer near me till i believe Salem, Oregon. Not that far of a drive but I don't have a vehicle and neither do my bandmates :oops: :D
  4. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Too bad you can't get up to Portland. There are a number of decent stores here that have G&Ls, Laklands, etc.
  5. wtf_is_a_bass

wtf_is_a_bass Guest

Aug 11, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: PiGLET picks
    Im never guna play anything but a fender. Im sorry

Get a precision or jazz bass! They sound hella good for anything. Or you could spend some cash on customizing your bass to your likings
  6. green machine

green machine

Sep 24, 2005
    The clips sound good on the G&L site so I'll have to maybe ask an aquiantance for a ride to get some first hand experience.

P.S. Fenders are great but G&l's look more fun ;) And my current bass blows :)

P.P.S You can let this thread sink. or is there a delete function?