I need some help

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Kyle Sheeley, Nov 5, 2002.

1. I need to know how to stop the buzzing sound my frets make when I play? Do you I am just playing wrong or is it my bass???
  2. On my last thread i ment to say do you think I'm playing my bass wrong or is it just my bass
  3. deadweeds

Oct 28, 2002
    Harbor Beach,MI
    Hmm...well I would believe that you're playing the wrong way and perhaps are holding down the strings on the frets in the wrong place or in the wrong way?...hope that helped...
  4. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    perhaps if you posted this in setup you'd get better results. this is definatly more of a setup related type question than a general instruction type.
  5. Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    While not being an expert at setup by any means I think fretbuzz is usually a result of faulty techique. It just takes practice and learning how hard to press down the string. Also, try pressing down just next to the fret (as in not between the frets). Actually I think right hand touch also can affect fretbuzz.....

On the other hand your bass could be setup wrongly...

6. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH

I merged your "help" thread with this one, and now I'll move it up to setup for ya.......

Chris A.:rolleyes: