Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need some internet guinea pigs... (bored people)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by punkfunkfreak, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Grease lightnin'

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. O.K

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. A bit slow, not annoyingly tho.

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. I grew a beard.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    Ive just pulled out a old site i made and revamped it. Im making it just for experience at the moment but hope to apply it to my next band.

Id appreciate any feedback as im trying to make it as useable as possible but without losing ay impact.
    I didnt use flash because i cant afford the flash program, so i attempted to get as close to flash with using just DHTML/HTML/Java.

If you use a 56k modem could you answer the poll for me, and if you use broadband or whatever else please just gimme any tips/hints as to what could be improved. Anything you can tell me atall about it would be useful.

I drew all the drawn images myself. the photos i took from a medical journal.

thanx alot people.

http://mysite.freeserve.com/hyperdermica/indextest.html

ps, turn your speakers on and tell me if the FX are ok.

2. works ok on my computer.

3. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Nice graphic, kinda like the whole black and body parts thing you got going there - only thing I can coment on is the amount of times you have to hit "back". It would have been quicker to navigate if you could have still accessed the top links when you went down to one of the sub pages.

Very cool. Was the background modelled on Nigel Tufnell ?

I'm on broadband so it loaded pretty quickly !

4. Its a good idea, i have a 33.6kbs modem and it downloaded ok. Only suggestion (and it was made up above) add something at the bottom to allow quick links.

:D:D

Merls

5. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    Thanx guys, i think ill add a text link bar at the bottom of the page, but itll be low profile...

thanx again.

6. JimM

JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    To put you at ease,I'm the one who voted "beard" since I did grow one(I'm off with a broken foot)but the site didn't take any longer than similar sites,I just have a crummy dial-up.:D

7. ...people still use dialup!?!?

8. BASS_PLAYERS

BASS_PLAYERS

Mar 3, 2001
    Ada, Ok
    hey man, dial up will come back in style...... just wait until mtv tells us so