Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need some primus songs.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Guss, Oct 25, 2002.

1. I've just discovered primus. The songs that I currently have downloaded all sound great. Can someone give me some good primus songs to get? The songs I have are: Tommy the cat, my name is mud, and the antipop. If I can find any more good ones, I'll most likely buy a CD.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Over the Electric Grapevine, Jerry Was a Racecar Driver, Mr. Krinkle, Greet the Sacred Cow, Toys Go Winding Down, John The Fisherman, Frizzle Fry, Shake Hands with Beef, Professor Nuttbutter's House of Treats, etc...I could go on because there are so many good ones. I'd seriously recommend that you just start buying the entire catalog one at a time...maybe you could find some of them cheap on Ebay or used.

Also, don't forget the Oysterhead and Frog Brigade CD's.

brad cook

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Go to Amazon.com or Primus Sucks and download some samples-artists make their money off of CDs so don't freeload too much off of stolen property.

4. Yes, diff. I believe in that too. However, a sample just isn't good enough. What I do:

A)hear song on radio, from a friend, etc. decide to check them out.

B)download song 1

C)download song 2

D)if I like song 2, i download song 3.

E)if I'm still not sure I download one more song.

F)If i know i like them, I buy their CDs. And only use downloading for B-sides and such.:)

5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    this goes in recordings

6. hayngman

hayngman

Aug 20, 2002
    Wise County, TX
    I have to download songs if I hear something I like on internet radio or sattelite, otherwise, I'll forget. I have a bad memory and also live quite far from a decent record store, so having a library full of MP3's keeps stuff fresh on my mind.

As far as Primus songs go, the ones that DigMe listed are good. One that he didn't list is Wynona's Big Brown Beaver. I've never heard any Frog Brigade (so sue me), but I do know that Oysterhead is worth checking out.