1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

i need some suggestions

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by mlafrancis, Apr 26, 2009.

1. mlafrancis

mlafrancis

Jun 26, 2008
    I'm going to be starting a new job soon, where i'll be making a bit over 120 a weekend. And im going to be using the first paycheck, and maybe the second one, to just work on getting the best strings for me.

What im looking for is a bright, punchy, growly string, with alot of sustain, wont get lost in the mix, and they last for a really long time, because this job isnt permament (5 weeks), so i'll be on a tight budget afterwards. So they cant be an extremly expensive string. 25 is as high as i'll go.

Ive been looking at Rotosound RS66LD, Dunlop Robert trujillo's signature set, and the D'Addario EXL160TP. And ive found mix reviews on Ernie Ball strings

I'm leaning towards the D'addario's because there what ive always had, and they come in a 2 pack for only 25 bucks, and they have a tone i like. But because there the only strings ive used, i wanna try some other kinds out.

If it helps at all, for ur suggestions, i play in a three peice Hard Rock band with elements of the Blues and Heavy Metal. Kinda like a mix of ZZ Top, Motorhead, and Godsmack's sound (just not as good haha).

I use a MIM Fender P Bass Special

Any help in finding the perfect strings for me is extremly apreciated!

~Mike

2. mlafrancis

mlafrancis

Jun 26, 2008
    Ohh and I play using a pick. But im working on slap, pop, and tap styles