I Need Specs for EV TL606

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MM, Jul 18, 2001.

1. I have a chance to buy an EV TL606 for a good deal but the owner doesn't know any of the specs. I really only need to know the power handling. Does anyone know the wattage and impedence of this cab?
  2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    TL606 is a cabinet design that EV gives away free plans for. It's intended to be used with EVM-15B or 15L speakers.

In other words, it's a home made cabinet. Ask him what speaker he put inside.
  3. I emailed the seller and he said it has "a vintage CTS speaker with a silver dustcap." I've never heard of CTS speakers, have any of you?
  4. bassrocker

Jul 20, 2001
    C.T.S. stands for Chicago Telephone Supply. They were a pretty reputable speaker manufacturer back in the '70s and were found in many high end amps. You might be able to find more info/specs at www.webervst.com . TL606's are great little boxes. EV never made TL606's of their own, but did distribute their plans widely. I think Mesa Boogie copied the design for their 1x15 Diesel cabinet. Stick an EVM 15L in there and you've basically got yourself a Mesa Boogie cabinet.