Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i need staff writers for my black metal webzine!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by apoodangle, Jan 13, 2004.

1. www.helvete.us

anyone who would write black metal album reviews sporadically or regularly would be very much appreciated. i write about 4 per week as of late, and as soon as wrestling is over (IE as soon as the coach kicks me off the team) i'll be doing 2 a day.

if you want to contribute anything, my email address is apoodangle@hotmail.com

thanks,
    Dan

2. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Black metal, is that like goth?

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    'If light energy is directed toward a material, that material will either reflect, transmit or absorb the energy.

This is why it can be so miserable to wear black on a hot day. The black cloth absorbs much more energy than white cloth.'

[​IMG]

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    goth is nothing like black metal...AT ALL...how could you really put black tape for a blue girl in the same barrel as venom...i'm thinking you would end up with a few dead goths...check out some emperor and satyricon, too...maybe some ulver, hellhammer...yeah, not goth at all...

i'm hardly the best writer, though a lot of us appreciate the opportunity. i'd dig checking out your webzine, though...kerrang! is starting to get a little...eh, you know...

5. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Nope, its metal played exclusively by African Americans :D :cool:

6. i see a potential staff writer in you. (really)

i'm not the best writer either, the idea is to convey your opinion of it in as little space as possible, contrary to what lots of people think.

7. Stomniar

Stomniar

Dec 5, 2003
    Spring Hill FL
    <p>&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspI'm not that into black metal to give reviews, but I'm a graphic artist. &nbspLet me know if you are interested. &nbspThanks

8. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I never heard the term before thats all, I'm not trying to compare anything just wondering what they hey it is now i know..

9. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    and knowing is half the battle...

hey, i may be interested in doing a couple articles or so...let me know which albums you'd like reviews on...i'll see what i can do for you...just be advised, i've never done anything like this. i would say the closest i've ever come is doing performance evaluations on the sailors that work for me in the navy...but, i do dig metal of the black sort (heck, even my last name is black), and i'm always looking for an excuse to buy new cd's and blast some tunes at inappropriate volume levels ;)

10. Your just in luck, I am a great writer(freelance articles for my old schools paper, numerous teachers give me A's on my poems, actually I never got anything lower then an A on the literary works I did) and ask some people on this board know, I am fully Black Metal. I just require you not to indulge into psuedo-black metal e.g. dummy burger, new satyricon, and oceans, kovenant. If anything I might do And Oceans..., Also some free cd's would be great.

11. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    :rolleyes:

[insert - whats wrong with the metal scene speech in here]

12. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    wow...dummy burger wounds like an evil crew...i can see hordes of demons marching the earth right now

13. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    And here, since I own all the Living Colour CDs (including the latest "Collideoscope") I thought I was qualified. Damn! :spit:

14. odie

odie Supporting Member

getting music like. over to misc

15. ah please, write away, whatever you want :D if i wanted something to be reviewed i'd have done it myself already, so i'm counting on other people to review stuff i haven't heard yet

but whadya mean when you say you require i not indulge into psuedo-black metal? i have satyricon's new album and i love it. i also have all their old ones and i love em too. i guess you couldn't exactly call em true black metal, fine. i still enjoy em, just the same as i like Mayhem and Dark Funeral.

16. review anything you want really, if i want something specific on the site, i'd have done it already ;)

17. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    hey, that sounds interesting.

I did a black/death metal radio show when I was in university... does that mean I'm qualified? ;)

Only thing is, I don't have that many "new" releases. Mostly ones from a few years ago. Do you want reviews for those too?

18. tea

tea

Sep 30, 2003
    Maryland
    I'd love to...minored in the journalism before being tossed for lack of funds. Any chance you'd email/post word limits, style ideas, submission procedure? To email, quitstalin@yahoo.com much thanks

tea.

19. thrashjazz: course you're qualified :D older releases are fine as well

tea: just email em to me, (apoodangle@hotmail.com) and try to keep it concise. that's really all i need.

20. I love black metal. But the only band i can think of is Living Colour and my review of them is that they kick A$$. Seems to be a magazine that is very limited.

(yes i know thats not what you meant by black metal. Whats up with you kids and all your crazy terms for things)