I need suggestions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by shyber, May 20, 2005.

1. shyber

Apr 1, 2005
    I'm looking for some multi effect bass pedal. I'm a begginer and I don't have much money (i'm 15)...
  2. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    If you don't have much money, why not look for used ones, to begin with ? All Korg units seem to be a good choice (I have the AX-1B, good little unit, (though I'm switching to single pedals)). Have a look on ebay.

If you can afford, the best choice currently seems to be the Boss ME-50B, but about 250$, it may be too expensive for you.
  3. dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004

im also switching from AX1B to single units, but the Korg its a keeper, im not selling it, ive use it for some years now and its totally worth the $$$
  4. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Working with a limited budget, I was wondering why you want a multi-effects pedal? At that price point, they usually stink. When not get one decent pedal that you will use and serve a purpose even when yoiu beginning gigiing in a few tears.

An example of this is the SansAmp BBDI. It will vastly improve the sound of the more than likely inexpense amp ypu will begin with and provide some good overdrive sounds to begin with. Stay away from Behringer- it is a tempting thing for a young player to buy but there is doubt as to their reliability and results in wasted money, even if it is only $25.00.

5. opivy3056

Oct 14, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    Id get a EHX big muff. They're cheap (like 70 new)

Its easy to find situations to use it.

Multi-effects tend to be complicated and low-quality when dealing with your price range ( i bought a digitech bp-80 and was badly disappointed)

single effects get the job done.
  6. PureRockRoll

Apr 24, 2005
    Personally, i wouldn't go for the multi-effects. i bought one when i was around your age and though they are fun for a little bit, they aren't that useful. my suggestion is just to start off with a distortion and delay pedal. For delay, i like my digitech digidelay. It costs $100 and gives you 7 different modes, tap tempo, and a 4 seconds of recording time for an infinite loop. For distortion, you can't go wrong with a big muff. I have a russian one which i am perfectly content with. They cost about $55 new. The american one cost around $75 new, both are a great deal. you could also check out the digitech and boss distortions which both run around between $80-$90. That should get you off to a good start and with a delay and a russian muff you could be set with $155!
  7. superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    If you do go the multi effects way (which I don't see anything wrong) get the Boss ME50B.
    It has all the stuff you would need and a volume pedal, built in tuner,headphone jack, aux in (so you can practice with music and under headphones).
  8. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

The Boss combines mod and time sections, you can't have a modulation and a time effect at the same time.
    It sounds dumb to me.