1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I NEED TABS!!!

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by OPBASSMAN1994, Oct 23, 2010.

1. OPBASSMAN1994

OPBASSMAN1994

Jul 30, 2010
    It's too complicated to learn by ear, impossible to find sheet music for, and has no tabs on any site that I can find (after 20+ pages!) Ladies and gentleman of Talkbass, I need your help, and tablature knowledge to help me learn "Going for the One" by Yes. Please direct me to any VIRUS FREE site that has the tabs, a video that shows how to play it, an isolated bass track of the song, or write the tabs yourself, but I want to learn that song very badly. I could even just use the chords for the song, if you have a chart for it. Please....think of the children.....and the nerdy, Rush-loving Christian prog rocker who has posted this thread. Thank you.

2. i have not seen that one,but try youtube.....some squire lines are covered there

3. Mr wiggl3s

Mr wiggl3s Banned

Feb 27, 2009
    Bismarck
    Do sites even come with viruses anymore?

4. OPBASSMAN1994

OPBASSMAN1994

Jul 30, 2010
    Somebody, anybody have a clue about tabs for this incredible song? I'm going to try Youtube as suggested by jim campbell, but I'd like to have the song laid out for me. Even if you can direct me to a book of good Yes songs, please do so.

5. I can see where you're coming from. I used to learn by tabs when I first started and it does help you develop. I used to use 911 tabs about 4 years ago. It was a pretty good site but I haven't been on it in ages so don't know if it's gone to s h i t or not. You should try your best to figure it out though. It makes you a better bass player and also makes it easier to write songs with a band when you develop your ear.

6. OPBASSMAN1994

OPBASSMAN1994

Jul 30, 2010
    I have learned a decent bit by ear, but not the nice, detailed, run stuff. I learned La Villa Strangiato and Xanadu, and Circumstances by Rush by ear, and Roundabout by Yes, too, but this one has a lot of important transitory runs.