Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I need TB Chat help!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by parrott, Feb 23, 2003.

1. I've tried to use it time and time again, and it's never worked.

All I get is this;

[​IMG]

I run Windoze ME, IE 6, I'm not sure what my Java setting are (but they can be changed, yeah?)

What's wrong?? I wanna chat!!

*ahem* :rolleyes: :p

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    dunno man, maybe you should contact Paul

no problems over here

3. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    when in ie go to tools>internet options> the look for enable javascript *i think*, if thats not it i dunno.

4. It's always been like that, as long as I've been a supporting member.

Which means it's my computer, not the server or anything.

Way_of_opiatism, I'll just try that

5. Didn't work - just the same as it ever was.

6. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    It's Java, rather than JavaScript that needs to be enabled.

7. yea what mr rogers said.

8. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    DAVE!!!!!!!!! love the new avatar man!!!

9. Just tried it at college on one of their PCs with their T1 connection (I have no idea what kinda firewalls, etc, they have)

This time I can get to that blue entrance screen (requiring my name and password) and I click "connect".......

And nothing happens. Maybe I'm just destined never to get into the chat. :( :rolleyes:

10. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Doesn't matter, we don't really wanna talk to you anyway :D j/k

11. :bawl:

:spit:

First time using new smilies..... I had to break eventually

12. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    my computer did that right when I first got it a few months back.. but when I downloaded an update, the problem was fixed... I use XP pro

13. Okay, so I did as Amadeus suggested, downloaded the latest Java. I install it, restart, and go to the chat.

I even get to join, and say a few words (Hello! Moley, PollyBass, PICK, JMX and The Bass Guru!)

And then my machine crashes. :oops: :mad: :oops: D'oh!

Now my username is stuck in the chat, and I can't enter with a version of it (like parrott1) because it's "not recognised by the server" Gah!!

I'm in now though..... Sometimes I hate computers!

14. It's suffering from some lag...... that'll be the fault of my (slow, dial-up) connection, yeah?

15. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

"..ELLO POLLY! ..ELLO!

16. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Parrott, i have exactly the same problem:eek: i lost all my data (thanks to a damn hacker courtesy of kazaa) i installed a Windows XP pro CD and now i can't enter to the chat room i have the same "java" problem, i downloaded all the updates and patches and still i can't enter the damn chat room :mad: at least we are not alone on this parrott :(

17. Oh, I can get in now, I just suffer such huge lag it's not funny - up to a couple of minutes sometimes.

So I gave up on it.:bawl:

18. I could never get it to work as well.

19. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Well that just sux doesnt it. My username gets stuck in there sometimes too. I dont get lag often but when i do i usually leave but my username is still in there. There sounds like there are alot of problems with something. I dont know what though. :confused:

20. you can't access the chat from your college because they have a firewall that won't allow you to do that.

you can't access it from home because you don't have the correct JVM (Java Virtual Machine), which you can download from microsoft.com or sun.com

you suffer lag because of a slow connection to the chat server.

hope this helped.

:bassist: