1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need to break my best friend and his girlfriend up

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by powderfinger, May 31, 2012.

1. powderfinger

powderfinger

Feb 24, 2009
    I know this might sound crappy, but I've always been there for my best friend, through thick and thin, even when I was "in love" and dating. Anyhow he has met a new girl, and given me (and all his other guy friends) the shaft. I know, it happens...

But I want my friend back. My drinking buddy. My jam buddy.

So anyhow... they need to break up. And heres why..

1) She's a materialistic snob. She is shallow and money hungry. A gold digger.

2) She flirts with every guy in town. SHE is the original Runaround Sue. She will not be faithful.. I guarantee you.

3) She is mentally ill. I cant quite diagnose her, but she's nuts.

What do I do!

2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Leave your friend alone to discover these apparent "truths" out for himself.
    Whatever you may think of her, remember that he does not, as well as she might not be the person you believe her to be.

3. EDIT: What he ^ said.

Wait. It's gonna self destruct anyway from what I can tell.

4. Honestly dude, find a new buddy for a while. If this girl really is that bad, he's gonna have to learn. The Hard Way. It may take a few years and some STDs to figure out.

And bang all of her friends.

Peace,
    Greg

5. powderfinger

powderfinger

Feb 24, 2009
    I dont want him to get hurt. Oh well... men are hard headed. I should know.

6. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

Let him make his own mistakes.

You clearly don't see the same person he does. Even supposing you're right on every account, you will not be able to convince him of it now and stand to jeopardize the very friendship you covet.

7. powderfinger

powderfinger

Feb 24, 2009
    I cant bang her friends. They're gold diggers, and I am broke!! lol

8. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2008
    killthebatman.jpg

9. MatticusMania's right. Just let them be and be there when he sees the truth. Chances are he'll see this before he gets too connected with her and the "honeymoon stage" will wear off so he can think clearly.....Well, hopefully.

Just be there when he needs you.

10. What ^^ he said

and what ^ he said

11. sandmangeck

sandmangeck

Jul 2, 2007
    Colorado
    Get another hobby. Obviously you have too much free time.

12. not always a bad thing... but I agree it can be annoying.

Wait, what??? So she's like 65 years old???

How long have you been her Doctor? How did your bud end up meeting and dating one of you patients?

definitely rage post on the interwebz about it... that usually fixes most issues!

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Stop being selfish and move on with your life. Your buddy has. You don't want to be the last guy or two in your town from "back in the day" while the rest of the crew has moved on to other things.

I know a guy like that where I used to live. I'd see him around town now and then and all he'd talk about was getting the guys back together to hang out. We all moved on, but he stalled out at about 1995. Sad.

Whatever happened to your idea to pack up everything and start a new life somewhere else?

-Mike

14. Yeah I been wondering about that too. I think I read somewhere you travel for work now? You get a new job?

15. Poverty is the easiest way to defeat gold diggers.:)
    Dirk

16. what ^ he said

17. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Leave it alone.

18. When I was 21, my best friend hated my GF and told me REPEATEDLY that she was no good for me, I need to get away from her, etc. We have been married 17 years(been together total of 25), 3 fairly un-effed-up kids... *probably* a very different situation, but still..

19. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    Yeah the best thing you can do is keep your mouth closed about your feelings about her, let him fix his own blunders if there are actually any there beyond your own personal issues with her.

If you just can't live life w/o your butt buddy befriend his girlfriend as much as absolutely necessary to assure your buddy can still have play dates with you. This way you can do fun things like slip ex-lax into her drink once in a while. What fun would life be if we always told our enemies they were our enemies?

Remember the saying keep your friends close and your enemies closer? Well that was made up to assure you have the ability to sneak ex-lax into their food. Seriously I promise. I wouldn't steer you the wrong way on this : )

20. I backed out of a project over a similar issue. Several months ago, I started playing with a couple of guitarists who had been best friends for about 20 years. One of them had recently begun dating a woman who sounds a bit like the one in the OP's situation. She's really thin and he's morbidly obese, so he believes that he's hit the jackpot because he refuses to date fat women and most thin women won't give him the time of day. He is so desperate to hold onto her that his life now revolves entirely around serving her. He also frequently puts posts on Facebook talking about how wonderful, beautiful, and perfect she is.

She, on the other hand, doesn't like anyone, including Mr. Desperate, and seems to be keeping him around simply because he's useful and fawns all over her. The only time she puts posts on Facebook that relate to him is when she wants to hurl insults. I sat back and watched this slow-moving trainwreck and wondered how long it would before he realized what she's really like and dumped her.

They briefly broke up, and after he changed his Facebook status to single and she gave it a "like", he angrily announced to his Facebook friends that he was leaving FB. That lasted an entire 2 days, during which time she threw even more insults at him (he didn't defriend her). They got back together the following week. About two months ago when he cancelled band practice for the third or fourth time because he felt the need to drop everything to be at her beck and call, I realized that the project was going nowhere. It was quite apparent that she would always be top priority in his life.

A few weeks after I quit, I had a chat with the best friend. He pretty much confirmed all of my suspicions and said he'd been trying to tell the guy since Day One that she was a loose user, but he wouldn't listen. All that accomplished was to drive a wedge further between him and Mr. Desperate. He said they hardly talk anymore, but he has concluded that there's nothing he can do but wait for the day when she drops Mr. D on his head, and then be there to offer support. That's about all you can do.