I need to find a replacement speaker for my SVT 810 quick!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by watchitmike, Oct 22, 2011.

1. watchitmike

watchitmike

Mar 7, 2007
    2nd day of tour and one of the speakers in my SVT 810 blew completely. 360 degrees. I need to find a new one in the morning but I'm not sure where to start looking. I've had trouble finding these in the past.

10" speaker and NEEDS to be 32 Ohms!

I'm in the NY metro area right now, heading down to the Philly area tomorrow night. Anywhere in either or along the way is doable. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be a HUGE help!

Thanks!

2. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    THE MADDEST SCIENTIST
    Since it's an SVT 810, each two drivers should be in their own compartments. If you know what you're doing, you can unhook both the bad and the good driver from the [horizontal] set and run your cab at 5.33 ohms for a night using the other 6 10's. (Be sure to tape up those loose wires!) Not a bad compromise since it protects the second driver from doing any damage to itself and removes the bad one from the circuit. Even running a tube amp, this shouldn't be a problem. While it was down and out, I used my 810 as an 8 ohm 410. :D

3. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    +1 to disconnecting the other driver in that compartment. You'll take it out too if you don't. Make sure the rest are still connected.

4. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
  5. blastjv

blastjv

Jan 8, 2010
    Philly Area
    Bass Specialties in the Philly area is a possibility. MAYBE Guitar Center or Sam Ash might stock speakers, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Your best bet may be to order online and have it overnighted to somewhere you'll be going in the next couple of days...

-JV

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021